Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plate Mesh generation inconsistency!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scudelari
849 Views, 4 Replies

Plate Mesh generation inconsistency!

Hello Everybody!

I have a model that I want to have meshed using plate elements, but there is a problem in the mesh generating algorithm that I cannot understand why it happens. I need help to fix the problem.

The model is of a cilinder with some objects attached at 180 degrees. The objects are the same.

The generated mesh on each side is completely different!

CORRECT:

correct.png

INCORRECT:

problem.png

CONSIDERING THAT THE OBJECT IS TOTALLY SYMMETRIC, WHAT IS CAUSING THE BIGGER MESH ON THE RIGHT SIDE?

HOW CAN I FIX THE TRANSITION SO THAT BOTH SIDES WOULD LOOK ALIKE?

Mesh data:

- Plate mesh

- Absolute value (30mm)

- Anything else? Ask for more data.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M.Peppel
in reply to: scudelari

Hi Scudelari,

it is probably not the answer to your question but if your model is symetric why dont you make use of this? Cut it in half and add a symetry plane or better analyse only a quarter of it with two symetry planes. I guess that the result will be much better then.

Cheers

Matthias 

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 3 of 5
scudelari
in reply to: M.Peppel

I actually can't due to presentation reasons. My client likes to have things "looking nice", to use his own words....

But thats anyway for the attention 😉

Message 4 of 5
S.LI
in reply to: scudelari

Basically, I don't think these is an official way to fix this symmetric pattern issue.

Maybe you could split the original part into 4 symmetric children in CAD package, then mesher might do better job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 5 of 5
scudelari
in reply to: S.LI

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. I also thought about that and I was already underway. Is did indeed solve the problem. I created in inventor 2 surfaces for the body (180deg each) and the Mesher did a much better job. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report