Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piston Mechanical Event Simulation Tutorial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Emily.I
443 Views, 1 Reply

Piston Mechanical Event Simulation Tutorial

Hello,

I have recently started using Algor, I am currently trying to do some of the tutorials. I am struggling doing to Element Definition of the Beam as the layout of the tutorial is different to the layout that comes up. When I select Cross-Section Libraries nothing happens, and I do not understand how I am meant to make it round as the tutorial says.

Any help would be good!

Thank you,

Emily

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Emily.I

Hi Emily,

Is the "Cross Section" button grayed out? If so, you need to click on one of the numbers in the row of the spreadsheet to enable the button, then clicking it should show the dialog.

If that is not the problem,

1. if the dialog does appear somewhere but you cannot see it, then it would appear as if the software is locked up. In other words, nothing will work. You would need to use the Task Manager to end the process. Does this happen?
  2. do you have multiple monitors? Is it possible that the dialog is appearing on a different monitor?

Can you clarify what you meant by "as the layout of the tutorial is different to the layout that comes up". The the version of the tutorial match the version of the software? (If viewing the tutorials on the internet, the version is only shown in the address bar, like /tutorials/2012/index.html) (The version of the software is given in the title bar, or from the "Help > About" dialog.)

Good luck.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report