Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonlinear elastic materials

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
729 Views, 2 Replies

Nonlinear elastic materials

I plan to perform analyses for 'nonlinear elastic materials' (that are not rubber and/or elastomer) by using Autodesk Simulation 2013.
How to analyze nonlinear elastic materials by using stress-strain curves and Poisson's ration in MES analysis?  Is it possible for such analysis?

Best regards,

Akihiro Matsuda

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jaesung
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Akihiro,

Yes, you can do with Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013. 

If you have strain/stress curve of your elastic material, you can use curve-fitting function of hyperelastic or hyperfoam materials. This will estimate the coefficients of strain energy density function according to hyperelastic material model you choose. 

If you just have Young's Modulus and Poisson's ratio, then Neohooken is the good starting point to try. 

Good Luck!

Jaesung

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jaesung

Hi Jaesung,

Thanks quick reply!  I found some other FEM softwares that have 'nonlinear elastic model'.  These software's 'nonlinear elastic model' use both 'Stress-Strain curve' and poisson's ratio, without using strain energy density functions.
Anyway, I will try to solve my problem by using your recommendation scheme.

Thanks again!
Akihiro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report