Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to multiphysics, trying to simulate a hotrunner " quickly "

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
279 Views, 0 Replies

New to multiphysics, trying to simulate a hotrunner " quickly "

Hey guy's I'm new to multiphysics so i need the basic knowlege.

First let me explain it,
For my work i need to " quickly "  simulate a hotrunner system.
Basicly it is a heated tube inside a mold to overcome a distance inside the mold.
And i need to know the temperature and flow of the plastic wich runs through it.

Were working with thermal sensitve material.

I've designed a simple mold in inventor ( block minus the hotrunner via derive ) and made the hotrunner in an assembly. Wich are a view sketched tubes (revolved)
I've put those two in a new assembly to simulate so i have 7 parts. ( 1. the mold / 2 tm 7. seperate hotrunner parts )

Specs:
Mold 80C (degree)
Shot temp 230C
Heating 250C
Flowspeed 2700mm/s

I've started multiphysics and opend the assembly. And selected Steady coupled fluid flow and thermal.
First off selecting the parts and set the element type to tetrahedron, and checked the materials.
Then i inserted water inside. Selecting the front and back of the hotrunner and the inside of the hotrunner. And made the element 3-d flow, selected water from the database as material ( ther are no plastics in my student database ) but for a quick look at how it works it will do.
Then i edited the analasys type, setting the main parameters with 20C and standard gravity.
Then for flow i set the solution to 7 ( ive got 8 and did minus 1 ) cores, the same for thermal with the default node to 240

And started with the loads and contrains, started with the in/out lets ( selecting the surface of the water and start end end point )
Thet set a controlled temperature to the start point of the water ( settting it to 230C )
And a prescribed flow setting the x speed to 2700mm/s
Then selected the faces of the hotrunner and gave them an controlled temperature to ( at 250C )
Then slected the mold and gave it an initial temperature (  80C )
And selected the faces and set radiation to 1 and the room temperature to 20C

This will be enough to give a quick look at it ( in my thoughts )

Then made a mesh ( no problems )
And checked the model ( no problems )

Now im running the simulation and it has to do 500 iterations ( guess it default ) , and after 30 min's im still at 30 iterations.

So my question:
Have i set it up correctly ?
And how do i speed up the process ( lowering the accuracy or something ) to get a quick look at it.

Ps.
Working on my laptop so i know it isnt the fastest, but ive got an msi 780dxr
I7-26070QM
8gigs ram

Hardrives in raid.
And a gtx 570m ( but the simulation doesnt use this one i guess )

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report