Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
AndrewWeighell7348
332 Views, 3 Replies

New help

Help in all Windows products was the same for 10-15 years.  Algor and early Autodesk Algor was no different.  If you wanted to check something, say types of contact, you clicked help, put "contact" in search and got an instant answer.

Am I the only one who finds the new help system to be a real pain?  It looks very nice when you eventually find it but it is time consuming and is not always successful.  I put "contact" into the search - result - not found.  So more, clicking.  This has been typical - especially for basic words.

Microsoft changed their Office help to go online as the first option as first choice but can be slow.  At least you can change their default to local help as first option.

The ASim on-line help is great for browsing to get a more in depth understanding.  However, I find it useless for quick look-ups when you only want a reminder.

For the next revision my wish would be a for an old fashioned help for quick lookups and a separate on-line help directly to the Simulation page - not to a general Autodesk page - for more leisurely browsing when you are not trying to work at the same time. (I have downloaded the local help for when you are not on-line - however I don't want to turn the internet off to use it).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Yeah the old help was much better. For a start the help button doesn't take you to the relevant page, only the welcome page. As you also noticed, just about everything you search yields no results but if you do the same search through Google it finds it straight away.
Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 3 of 4

Download and install the user guide. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13806551
Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Message 4 of 4
Inv_kaos
in reply to: Inv_kaos

This still only works if you are offline, you will need to run the INDEX.htm from the install directory. Perhaps place a short-cut on the desktop. I will try to find a way around this..
Stew, AICP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report