Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fluid Materials

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nick14226
423 Views, 2 Replies

New Fluid Materials

Im trying to add ISO 32 Hydraulic Oil in the materials library. i basically copied all fields from the "water" material and changed the values for Mass Density and Dynamic Viscosity. the problem arises when i try to select that material in my simulation tree. the new material does not show up in the fluids folder. the only way i can use a new material is by using the "customer defined" option.

can anyone provide a solution or some ideas on why i cannot get the new materials to show up?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joey.X
in reply to: nick14226

In Element material selection UI, Click "Create New Library", create a .mlb file and input your new material name, and then material properties. Then you will have a "new fluid material" and later it could be applied for other models/parts. Notes that the material name is "customer defined" in tree view of FEAEditor. See attached picture for an example.
Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 3 of 3
SaMurgie
in reply to: Joey.X

Yes, what JoeyX suggests should work.  You need to have your own custom material library.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report