Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral Point is used before set

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Alan_H
703 Views, 3 Replies

Neutral Point is used before set

Received a new warning today when attempting to solve a non-linear model that causes the simulation to end.  It is: "WARNING: NEUTRAL POINT IS USED BEFORE SET".  I can't find any information on this type of a warning anywhere so I'm not even sure where to begin to try to address the issue.  Anyone have any ideas (or at least be able to tell me what typically causes this type of warning so I have some idea on what I need to do)?

Thanks, Alan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: Alan_H

Hi, Alan,

Please share more details about your issue, such as the analysis type.

It would be great and helpful if you could post your log file here.

thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
zhuangs
in reply to: Alan_H

You must be using frictional contact or frictional slide/no bounce contact in your model.  The following procesures might help test:

(1) Reduce time step by inputting a larger capture rate.

(2) Adjust a user-specified contact tolerance with a larger value than the automatic option.

-Shoubing

Message 4 of 4
Alan_H
in reply to: zhuangs

Your correct.  It's a model with surface contacts.  The contact tolerances was the issue.  Pushing that up slightly took care of the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report