Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple load cases ignored (Autodesk SImulation 2013 SP2: Linear Static stress)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
priyashanmugam
727 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple load cases ignored (Autodesk SImulation 2013 SP2: Linear Static stress)

Hi

I am currently using Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 SP2 for a linear static stress analysis. SP2 includes a fix that now enables .xyz files to be used as input files in the "Loads from File" dialog box (which was earlier unavailable due to a bug, now fixed by SP2; Re: Earlier post) Thanks for that.

But now, am facing a new problem. When I use "Loads From File" option to apply loads on my model, and use multiple load cases, the analysis gives solution for only one load case and results in several warnings. On refering to the log file, it is observed that the other load cases have been ignored.

Could you please help me find a solution to this? It is imperative for us to find a workaround since most of the analyses we perform use multiple load cases.

Thanks,

Priya.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Priya,

I think the number of load cases is determined by the number of rows in the "Multipliers" table (spreadsheet) under "Setup > Model Setup > Parameters". The software does not have the intelligence to check the highest load case from the .xyz file. So just add the number of rows you need to the table.

If you need lots of load curves (dozens or hundreds or more), there may be a way to change one number in the database instead of adding rows manually to the Multipliers table. This would require a utility from Autodesk in order to do this efficiently, so you would need to contact technical support (1-800-482-5467) and ask for "prb2a.exe", or search the forum to see if it has been posted previously.

Message 3 of 3

John,

Thanks a lot. Guess I forgot to update the setup parameters after the SP2 install.

Thanks for your prompt reply. (I knew I could count on u Smiley Happy)

Priya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report