Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
354 Views, 2 Replies

Model Constrain

Dear Everyone,

I am needing your expert advise based from your experience regarding this model below. I am running a linear static stress analysis, I fixed the bottom part of model and also to emulate the model being constraint at 4 slots with Z being free.In real world this model is placed on this 4 slots via pins.

Question:

1.0 Am i doing the right thing reperesenting the real scnerio of my model? (that is fixing the bottom, and surface setting surface of 4 slots to be fix at X & Y and free at Z?

2.0 In getting the dispalacement, how does the software interprets it, what is the main reference in getting the deflection?. Is it the bottom center, how about the 4 slots that i fixed as well, would that be a reference also? Is it appropriate to constrain the model this way (like what I did)?.

Hope you can spare some time sheding your inputs. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Leonel

constraint.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
zhuangs
in reply to: Anonymous

The constraints seem ok.

The displacement is calculated by (New position - original position).

-Shoubing

Message 3 of 3
Stefan2653
in reply to: Anonymous

Leonel,

Since your model is fixed in translation in all three directions at the center point, that point will always have zero displacement. All displacements in the model will be relative to that point. If you are looking at the X or Y displacement components, then your displacements will also be relative to the four slots, since they will have zero X and Y displacement.

I can't tell if your model is constrained correctly without knowing the condition of the part in the real world. However, from looking at your model it would appear that the part is fixed to something rigid at the center, and each slot is allowed to slide along pins. If the pins aren't press-fit, these constraints should be fine.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report