Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
571 Views, 1 Reply

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

I am trying to open and run a .fem file that I saved in Autodesk Multiphysics and keep getting a pop up box with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and the following error message:

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I was edditing the geometry of a 2D simulation when the program suddenly crashed.  I have been getting this error message every time I try to open it since.  How do I resolve this problem and get my program running again.

Also, I am feeling a little impeede by the GUI and want to see how some of my loads and boundary conditions are actually being applied.  Is there a way for me to see the actual source code during or after a simulation run?  I assume that the GUI converts the button clicks into some kind of readable script or code, am I wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jrager,

Just to be clear, do you keep getting the runtime error when starting the software ("Start > Programs > Autodesk > .... > Simulation nnnn), or is the problem only when opening the one model?

If the problem is just starting the software, then I suggest that you contact technical support. (see below) If the problem is with opening one particular model, then I suggest that you start over again from scratch.

For understanding the loads and boundary conditions, there are no readable scripts. So I think your choices are the following:

• Do a check model ("Analysis > Analysis > Check Model") to get into the Results environment, then select a load or constraint ("Selection > Select > Loads and Constraints"), then inquire ("Results Inquire > Inquire > Loads and Constraints").
  • Read the documentation ("Getting Started > Help > Online Wiki Help")
  • Ask your questions here.

==========================

Technical Support

You can access the Autodesk Subscription Center to get technical support by accessing the following link:

http://subscription.autodesk.com/

You will need to log on using your Autodesk user id and password. From within the subscription center, you will be able to view past support issues, enter comments and open new support cases.

If you are not listed as a contact under the serial number, then you will need to contact the account contact so that he or she can log on to the subscription center and add you as a contact under this serial number. Or if you do not have access, submit a request here or dial the business center directly at 800.538.6401 choosing the option for subscription services.  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12338355

Alternatively, you can call 1-866-487-8680, then choose option "6", then option "4". If we are all on the phone, then it will be best to log an issue on the subscription center. The second best option would be to leave a message. The least favorable option may be to remain on hold.

==========================

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report