Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
randymusk
289 Views, 3 Replies

Meshing a box beam

Is there a way to mesh a box beam constructed of  4 plates, each a different part for detailing purposes? The mesh does not intersect at plate intersections, but each plate meshes individualy. I am not including the weld, just the plates. I design welded structures every day and need to be able to do this. Is there another package that will do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: randymusk

Yes.

But can you attach an image showing a close-up of the mesh so that we can see how it matches or doesn't? It depends on several factors, such as

1. The size of the mesh compared to the thickness of the plate
  2. The gap between the plates, whether it is zero or some small value (for welds)
  3. The setting under "Setup > Model Setup > Parameters > Contact > Smart Contact".
Message 3 of 4
randymusk

This easy attempt is no welds at all, with no gap and std mesh density whatever default is. How do I snap a picture, and where does it go so I can find it? CRL ALT PRT SC or something?

Message 4 of 4
AstroJohnPE

"File > Export > Image", where "File" is the big "S" button in the top left corner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report