Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh model in Simulation as Inventor Professional does

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
scudelari
511 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh model in Simulation as Inventor Professional does

Hello Everyone,

How could I mesh my model in Autodesk Simulation 2012 the same way Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 does?

Basically, I have a somewhat complex assembly that if simulated using Inventor has a mesh that looks quite nice and simetric.

But, when I open the assembly in Simulation and I try to mesh it, the mesh is much heavier and not very simetric.

How can one mesh in simulation to have the same results given b y the meshing in Inventor? What are the parameters?

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sunj.autodesk
in reply to: scudelari

I am afraid you can not do that due to the different mesh engine in these two software.

But you do can change the mesh size and element types (brick or tet) for the CAD model in Autodesk Simualtion. These setting are set in Mesh -> 3D Mesh Settings.

Message 3 of 4
hupn
in reply to: scudelari

Hi,

You can try using tetrahedra mesh. And you may want to turn on the mid-side option for all tet mesh to get a more accurate soluiton.

hupn

Message 4 of 4
scudelari
in reply to: hupn

Thanks for the Reply, everyone.

I'm getting now much more acquainted with the Simulation and things are getting much better!

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report