Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical event simulation

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
pugAA
2559 Views, 23 Replies

Mechanical event simulation

Hello,
I'm a student and I have never used Algor before.
I'm trying to model a calandering process and I'm encountering the following problems:
- I can't simulate the rotation of the top cylinder;
- I can't model the surface contact between the parts (when friction contact is assigned, there's no convergence at all).
- When I try to simulate only the press-fit operation (without the rotation of the cylinder) with friction contact I have penetration of the parts.

I hope to clearly explain the problem.

Thanks,

Angelo

Edited by: PugAA on May 31, 2010 12:00 PM Edited by: PugAA on May 31, 2010 12:01 PM
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
ashwikgreddy
in reply to: S.LI

Thank you now i understand. I did put the water material as you suggested and then also i am passing on a sheet on top of the drum which is heated. I would like to know after certain period of time, how much heat is transferred to the water. How do i do this? I did input temperatures to water and the sheet- but after running the analysis how will i be able to get the temperatures of all the bodies ? i cant see anything related to temperatures on the results. Please guide 

Message 22 of 24
John_Holtz
in reply to: ashwikgreddy

Temperature calculation is not a function of a mechanical solver. You need to perform a thermal analysis (steady state or transient) or a multiphysics analysis.

SLi changed your model, but perhaps did not indicate that the answer to selecting water is to SET THE ELEMENT TYPE TO HYDRODYNAMIC. The material library for such element types includes water.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 23 of 24
ashwikgreddy
in reply to: John_Holtz

Yeah i got that. Thanks John. So if i need to use the thermal analysis. How will i be able to import the motion to the drum ? Is this possible. I want rotation to my drum and water and sheet temperatures before and after analsyis ? Can i do this ?

Message 24 of 24
ashwikgreddy
in reply to: ashwikgreddy

I want to know the detailed fluid flow behavior...when my drum is rotating..actually the water is not directly in the drum...the water is been flown from the shaft drive end....the shaft has a hole and water is been flown through the hole into the drum through a pipe....so water needs to travel and has inlet and exit through shaft and the drum....we would like to modify the shaft and drum assembly and compare the fluid paths in both to see which one cools the drum more effectively....am assuming this fluid flow along with drum rotary motion is possible in simulation CFD and not in multiphysics...am i correct ? please help me out....we are planning to buy one software out of these...thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report