Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC NODE OUT OF RANGE ERROR

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
461 Views, 1 Reply

MPC NODE OUT OF RANGE ERROR

Hi I ve got node out of range error while using MPC to simulate bolt between 2 mating parts

This is the sequence of steps i folloew

I modelled a beam element  for  Bolt

For Multiplier, I gave the dia of the bolt top area and for vertex id i selected the top node of beam element and the nodes around the mating part 

DOF I gave Y translation

i applied beam pre load to the beam element

while executing it gave this node out of range error

Please clarify where it went wrong and advice me right way to model MPC

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi noormohamed,

You will probably need to supply an archive of your model; hopefully someone can run the analysis to find out what the problem is. See the thread "Create, Post, or Provide an Archive of your model".

Your description sounds reasonable, and the software doesn't care if your equation is wrong from a physical or engineering standpoint, so it is just about impossible to know what the problem is with the analysis. (I cannot think of an equation in which you would use the area of the bolt for the multiplier in the MPC equation. You should provide the equation that you have entered and explain your logic for it; then we can explain if it is reasonable or not. Please indicate what directions are X, Y, Z since your figure does not show that.)

P.S. Is there a reason that you are using MPCs instead of using the bolt wizard ("Mesh > CAD Additions > Bolt")? It would be a lot easier than writing multiple MPC equations to "connect" the top of the bolt to each node around the hole.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report