Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look up loads using VBA/ some other scripting language

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
n1210933
436 Views, 1 Reply

Look up loads using VBA/ some other scripting language

Hi,

I have a model of a wind turbine blade being fatigue tested.  I've used beam elements to model the test in a MES.  At the moment the model is fairly coarse, so I am not taking account of aerodynamic effects.  What I would like to do requires a 2D look up table; the aerodynamic force is dependent on both the speed of the blade and the direction in which it is moving.  Both of these can be calculated by looking up the velocity of the blade in the x and y directions, but although the lookup table for forces allows multiple columns, I think I might be better off calculating the force externally and feeding it back to algor.  I know it has the capability to use VBA etc but does this sound possible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: n1210933

N.

I think this might be a simpler solution than trying VBA to do "everything". Most analysis types have a type of load called "Loads from file". All you need to do is get the data from your table into a comma separated file with the force magnitude and directions based on the nodal coordinates (or node numbers).

Please see the page "Autodesk Algor Simulation > Setting Up and Performing the Analysis > Setting Up Part 3 > Loads From Other Files" of the R2011 documentation ("Help > Contents") for the format of the file. You can base the input on the coordinates of the nodes or the node number. Both of these can be obtained from the Results environment by selecting the nodes and choosing "Inquire > Results".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report