Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Static Stress Analysis

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sriramsheval
940 Views, 4 Replies

Issue in Static Stress Analysis

Hi All,

Can any one help me fix the problem, which i came across.

I did a static stress analysis of an assembly, where i assembled all parts as they are in contact. and imported to FEA environment.

Capture.JPG

I see that the contact break and the shackle is moving upwards (in negative X direction) .

During the Solver is Automatic for the above analysis, i get a error telling please change the solver to sparse, or check the stability of the model.

If the change to sparse solver analysis run and get the result as shown in picture above.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks

Sriram

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
arizawilmer
in reply to: sriramsheval

Hello

Can you do a check model and show the direction of the loads. You can also create a contact in simulation between the two parts.

Wilmer Ariza
Researcher Control and SI with AI for autonomous underwater vehicles
PhD student(Australian Maritime College-University of Tasmania)
Master of engineering (Advance Manufacturing Technology- Swinburne University of Technology)
Mechatronic Engineer
Message 3 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: sriramsheval

Shriram,

Please read the page titled "Perform Analyses with Gap Elements" in the help documentation. Note that the page may not be up-to-date with the current terminology in the software. If the documentation refers for "boundary elements", it means to use the "Setup > Constraints > 3D Springs".

The problem in your analysis is that one of the parts is not statically stable IF some or all of the contact elements are calculated as not being in contact. Once that occurs, it is difficult if not possible for the software to recover. So the part "floats" away.

Message 4 of 5
sriramsheval
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Thanks John,

I got the results, before seeing your reply, i just tried by constraining two nodes on shackle along Y and Z direction, this solved the problem.

i even checked your "Perform Analyses with Gap Elements", it help me know about Week Spring boundary condition.

Thanks again

Sriram

Message 5 of 5
sriramsheval
in reply to: arizawilmer

Hi txfingenieria,

I have appied the load in X direction, initially the assembly was not constrained properly, so i got error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report