Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to Simulation Mechanical issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ishaak.saleem
639 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor to Simulation Mechanical issue

Hello,

Im new to both Inventor Pro 14 and simulation Mechanical,

whenever I attempt to run "Launch Active Model" through Inventor I receive the following error: 

"The DLL "AlgConfig-win-x64-dll" was not able to be located on behalf  of "D:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulations 2014\ClmpAlnv-win-x64.dll" contact tenchincal support"

Im running on a windows 8.1 machine installed via admin and compatability mode for (Win 7) and I have upgraded to SP1 for Inventor.

for example the models in the Parts Archive found here:

http://engineeringexploration.autodesk.com/content/module-2-elastic-plastic-material-analysis 

i receive the crash, but also cannot open the part file in simulation as i receive a blank screen with the word ready in the bottom lefthand corner.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ishaak

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

anyone? please it would be much appreciated!
Message 3 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: ishaak.saleem

Here are some ideas:

1. Use Windows Explorer to check if the "missing file" exists or not.
  2. If the file does exist, then register the file. (Search the help for "register", and then go to the page about "CAD Setup and Troubleshooting", and then to the bottom of the page.
  3. If registering the file does not help, take a look at your windows environment variables. There should be one (or more) that reference the folder where Simulation is installed. Make sure those values are correct.
  4. When you load the part from within Simulation, does the part appear in the browser? If it appears in the browser, what happens when you enclose the view? ("View > something > Enclose (fit)") Test with a simple part in case your real model is complex and just takes a long time to appear.

Message 4 of 5
ishaak.saleem
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi Mr. Holtz

Thanks for replying,

I have checked and the file exists and is currently in my Autodesk Simulation directory is this the correct place? Or should it be under another folder?

Im unsure as to what page you mean by registering the file? Ive registered the product once I had downloaded it via the website i.e. my serial number etc was emailed to me.

If I open simulation directly and open the part it eventually opens and looks correct. Attempting to enclose fit all - the model zooms out and centers itself (I'm assuming that this is what the function is meant to do).

Does this mean that the issue lies within the inventor side of the programme?

Thanks for the help

Regards

Ishaak

Message 5 of 5

I have seen a lot of issue's with Windows 8.1. It is not officially supported either. Go back to Windows 8 or even beter install Windows 7.
Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report