Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Stress Analysis: mismatch sim. definition and results stored in data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
L.van.Gorsel
419 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Stress Analysis: mismatch sim. definition and results stored in data

Hi all,

Maybe this is the wrong topic to post this question, but perhaps some of you know the answer...

We use FEA module in Inv. 2013 pro to perform Stress analysis on parts and assemblies. I know some limitations from this module, and the advantages of the Inv. Simulation edition.

Until a couple months ago we could setup a calculation, run the analysis and store the results (with the OLE objects) in the files calculated. When we closed the files and opened the files some time later, the result of the last analysis where still in the part and we didn't need to recompute the analysis. Somehow this doesn't work anymore... Every time we save the files, close them and reopen the files to look at the results we get the following error: "There is a mismatch between the simulation definition and the simulation results data stored in.... The data will have to recomputed.". See image:

Mismatch.png

How can I avoid this behavior??

Thanks.

Leander.

(I've posted this question also at: Post at Inventor forum)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kerwink
in reply to: L.van.Gorsel

Hi 

Have you manged to sort this issue with mismatch , as i am having the same problem and cant seem to find any solution. 

thanks 

K

@L.van.Gorsel wrote:

Hi all,

Maybe this is the wrong topic to post this question, but perhaps some of you know the answer...

We use FEA module in Inv. 2013 pro to perform Stress analysis on parts and assemblies. I know some limitations from this module, and the advantages of the Inv. Simulation edition.

Until a couple months ago we could setup a calculation, run the analysis and store the results (with the OLE objects) in the files calculated. When we closed the files and opened the files some time later, the result of the last analysis where still in the part and we didn't need to recompute the analysis. Somehow this doesn't work anymore... Every time we save the files, close them and reopen the files to look at the results we get the following error: "There is a mismatch between the simulation definition and the simulation results data stored in.... The data will have to recomputed.". See image:

Mismatch.png

Thanks.

Leander.

@L.van.Gorsel wrote:

Hi all,

Mismatch.png

Thanks.

Leander.

Message 3 of 3
marwan_azzam
in reply to: kerwink

kerwink,

This is not the right forum for this issue.

Nonetheless, this issue was discussed in this old forum post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums