Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Model - Lines disappear

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scudelari
389 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Model - Lines disappear

Hello Everybody!

Another question > the model also has some (a lot, actually) lines that must be inserted in Simulation as rigid links. I already found out how to optimize a little bit this - I am using the contact element function with limited lenght.

But I have some other questions to solve the fact that I have to make this manually every single time a parameter in Inventor gets changed. I am oblidged to reload the model entirelly and reset all the materials, element type, etc. 

Not only that, but I use these rigid links on different parts as well. 

Images always help:

INVENTOR

inventor.png

SIMULATION

Simulation.png

There you can see what I mean. These links in Simulation were used in the Contact Elements function to connect them to the center point.

Since the points exist in the Inventor model, they also appear in Simulation when the model is imported, which is good since I can then at least use the Contact Elements in Simulation.

PROBLEM: I have to recreate this every time something is changed in Inventor.

QUESTION: Is there a way to have those dots linked in Inventor directly so that they´d appear in Simulation with the lines already created? This would be GREAT for me.

I already tryed creating a sketch, but for some reason the sketch vanished from the Simulation model.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
S.LI
in reply to: scudelari

I guess this is one of the software limitations.

For this kind of manually generated parts in simulations, you have to re-do it every time when you switch back from CAD package.

You can see similar concerns posted in this forum before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 3
scudelari
in reply to: S.LI

Dear S.LI

Thanks for the information.

This would be a really cool addition to Simulation anyway.

It would be great if the interface to define these connection lines would be improved.

Imagine how great it would be if you could define a connection between an edge (defined in the CAD model) and a point (defined in the CAD model) that would be regenerated once the meshing process completes.

As a matter of fact, this function already exist on some level, the Bolt functionality.

This would be some kind of a subset of the Bolt function that would greatly improve the management of Rigid Links on models.

Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report