Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Icon on CAD Mesh Options

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BEC_Kevin
1166 Views, 5 Replies

Info Icon on CAD Mesh Options

All,

I have completed a mesh on an assembly, and found that some of the parts in the part tree have a small blue circular icon, with an "i". If I open the part in the tree, the icon also exists on the "CAD Mesh options" icon. Along with this icon, the original icon is highlighted red.

What does this mean? What can I do to resolve the issue (if there is on), i.e. refine mesh?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

CAD Mesh Info.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BEC_Kevin
in reply to: BEC_Kevin

To add, I am running Mechanical 2012, and this is for a static, linear analysis.

Message 3 of 6
lemensk
in reply to: BEC_Kevin

BEC_Kevin:

I had the same problem as you and I was distressed to see that there wasn't a solution ot your question.  After troubleshooting the problem, I found that the problem lies with Autodesk Fusion.  Somehow, that particular part got modeled as "nothing."  When I opened up my step file in Inventor instead of Fusion, I discovered that it didn't exist!  My suggestion is to delete that part from your model and redraw it in Inventor.  Don't use Fusion, I have been pulling my hair out ever since I started editing with Fusion and this issue just put the last nail in the coffin.

It pains me that no one could shed light on this issue since your first post.

Message 4 of 6
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: lemensk

Hi guys

The problem with that part is that it has feature matching issues. This is a typical CAD import problem in 2012. We fixed majority of such issues in 2013 when we changed our geometry kernel. 

If you can successfully mesh the part(s) there is nothing to worry about. If you have issues during meshing, you may want to go back to the CAD model and focus on small features and where multiple edges come together. 

-Sualp

Message 5 of 6
tim
Enthusiast
in reply to: Sualp.Ozel

Hi Sualp,

can you check out my post today?..I think i might have a similar problem?  Every brick part now has red cad mesh options

Regards

Tim

Message 6 of 6
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: tim

hi tim 

Feel free to send your Simulation Mechanical Archive file to the tech support team and they wiill gladly look at your issue with you

-Sualp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report