Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO PERFORM HEAT TRANSFER SIMULATION - A NEW USER NEEDS HELP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hiandy22
370 Views, 2 Replies

HOW TO PERFORM HEAT TRANSFER SIMULATION - A NEW USER NEEDS HELP

Dear All,

My name is Hiandy Tanudiredja from Indonesia and I need a help from all of you.

The product from Autodesk which I use is ONLY Autodesk Inventor 2011. I am an autodidact and my level of using it is still beginner.

What I want to achieve as my final target, by your help, is to show to my customers a drawing showing the reduction/degradation of heat (temperature) on a product. Later on I will describe the product.

I was informed that Autodesk product which can fulfil my wish is Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics. I have already installed it with version of 2013. Unfortunately, I am not quite familiar with this product. By doing try-and-try-again way, I got a result. Though, this is near-to-my final target, but it is still far from perfect.

However, I can not put the flie with extention .fem on attachment to show to you. Would you please let me know how to do it.

Now, let me explain about the product:

1. The product is called Fabric Expansion Joint (see file “fabric exp joint and duct”). The fabric exp joint is indicated by orange color). The duct can be in form of square or round.
  2. See the file “detail construction exp joint and duct”. Generally the construction  are divided into 2 parts: soft parts (expansion joint: no.1-5) and hard part (metal: no.6 & 7).
  3. The hot air with relatively constant temperature will pass inside the duct.

I have already made an assembly, see file “Exp Joint SSP2 No Cooler Assembly rev1”

Now, my questions are:

A.Is it possible to perform a heat transfer simulation on that assembly? Let us give a pre-condition to that application: the temperature inside the duct is 300 ˚C and the temperature at the outermost part (back up flange) is about 50 ˚C.

B.If the answer for A is yes, would you kindly show to me step-by-step procedure to get that simulation.

C.If the answer for A is no, then you can take all soft parts and we will get only metal part. Then please show how to get the simulation.

If you have questions, please do let me know.

Look forward to receiving your solution.

Thank you

ht

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: hiandy22

Hello Hiandy,

The only file you attached was a drawing file (.IDW) which indicated some files were missing when I tried to open it. So we do not have all of the details about your model that you intended to provide.

If all of the parts are in contact with each other so that there are no air pockets in the analysis, then a simple "Analysis > Change > Type > Thermal" simulation will give the results that you want. There are a number of example heat transfer simulations in the documentation.

If you want to provide your Simulation Mechanical model for the Discussion Group to review, please read this post: "Create, Post, or Provide an Archive of your model".

Message 3 of 3
hiandy22
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi AstroJohnPE,

Thanks for your reply.

I am the very first time using Autodesk Simulation, so I am really sorry for all mistakes. Please give 1 or 2 days to fix them.

Hope you are still there to help me.

Thank you

ht

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report