Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gravity and meshing issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ju_brl
676 Views, 4 Replies

Gravity and meshing issues

Hi everybody ! 

I'm a beginner on this software and I have some issues trying to apply gravity on my model. Of course I did all the official tutorials before posting my thread.

Explainations :

I start to modeling my very simple model on Inventor Fusion : a plate, then I import it on Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013.
On ASM13, I apply gravity on my model (with the apple icon, defined as earth gravity) I mesh the plate and I block Tz DOF on two opposite edges.

When I run a static analysis with linear materials I got neither constraints nor displacements.

I know I missed something but I'm unable to figure it out.

The other point I wanted to discuss is why when the soft remesh a complex model the process is much longer than when I mesh on by myself ?
When I ask details while the process is running, it displays "Closing Remaining Voids".
A sentence I didn't see during my first meshing.

Thank you for your Help.

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
madg1
in reply to: Ju_brl

When I run a static analysis with linear materials I got neither constraints nor displacements.

can you explain a little bit more about what you mean in this sentence? 

madg1
ASIMM 2012
Message 3 of 5
Ju_brl

I just found my mistake.

I didn't activate the gravity in my analysis options...

My apologize, thank you for your help.

However, for my second issue I think it won't be that simple...

Regards.

Message 4 of 5
ilyas_drawbridge

By default, the initial mesh by pressing Generate 3D Mesh only meshes the outer surface of your CAD model. When you press Run Simulation, the software will then generate the internal mesh by filling the voids inside your outer surface mesh prior to running the simulation. The interior mesh my take some time depending on the quality of your outer mesh. In my opinion, what causes the interior mesh to slow down is when you have large transitions of mesh size. If it takes too long, you may try to uncheck the Use Automatic Geometry Based Mesh Size Function inside  Mesh>3D Mesh Settings>Options>Model to get a more uniform mesh on your model.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 5 of 5
Ju_brl
in reply to: ilyas_drawbridge

Thank you for your answer and tips !

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report