Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
kirk.klinger
1025 Views, 3 Replies

Geometry Errors

When I try to run a  3-D beam analysis, I get this "Geometry Error":

In working on FEM file or outputting ESH file
  Terminal Error: FEM2ESH#59, FEMAPI#3
    FEM_ERROR_NO_1D_ELEMENT

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kirk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: kirk.klinger

In my machine, there are lots of things missed in your model.

I'm not sure the reason.

When I try to set them with some general input, I found there is no geometry information for part 3.

Please check with this.

You can either delete it or disable it if part 3 is not needed. Maybe this will fix your "geometry error".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
xli
Alumni

When you made model to using 1D element there was a problem correctly creating them as elements. So they showed up as lines, looked OK but lack of elements which is the error message trying to tell. This problem will be fixed.

Right now you can use a trick as workaround: move whole thing to some where in FEAeditor and then move them back, i.e. select whole part as lines, then right click mouse and pick up "Move or Copy"... menu, then give a distance or just use the default 1. Then move whole thin back again by using same menu with a negative distance. Then these operations will likely make the 1D element data available, model will be ok.

-xli

Message 4 of 4
nathanr

This post saved my ass 11 years later.  Thanks xli!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report