Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Model not translating properly into Simulation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RJFritz
584 Views, 2 Replies

Fusion Model not translating properly into Simulation

I have a model that was translated to step from UG.  I imported it with no problem into Fusion.  But going from Fusion to Simulation, there are distortions.  Please see if you can figure out a way to get this model translated porperly into Simulation.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: RJFritz

Hi,

Before getting into the following, see if this cleans up the display: "View > Appearance > CAD Rendering Options". Try unchecking the "Faster rendering" option and lowering the tolerance from 70. (Try 50% and 30% for example.) After making a change, click the "Apply" button. Does this clear up the display?

Otherwise, can you please provide more details, such as an image of the model after importing into Autodesk Simulation? I tried your model on my system, and the model came in clean.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
RJFritz
in reply to: John_Holtz

Nice job John!  Worked great!  You've certainly been there a while.  I remember getting advice from you back in 96!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report