Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fundamental issues: Simulation crashes when opening .fem, .step files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
esnively
355 Views, 2 Replies

Fundamental issues: Simulation crashes when opening .fem, .step files

I have the student version of Simulation Multiphysics 2012, running under VMware Fusion on a Mac. It crashes when opening  any native (.fem) or supported files (including those in the tutorials). It also crashes when creating new .fem files.  Installing the latest service pack did not help. Although I expect some glitches, the program's inability to carry out any functions is perplexing. Has this problem come up for anyone else, and are there any solutions? Does the program work in a Parallels virtual machine? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: esnively

A search for "Mac" found this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation/Autodesk-Simulation-Crashing/m-p/3206250/highlight...

I think it is a miracle that the previous user was able to get Simulation to run on his Mac. That is not something that Simulation Mechanical supports.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
esnively
in reply to: esnively

Thanks John.  I've installed Windows in its own partition instead of running it in a virtual machine, and will try Simulation there. Hopefully it will see the Mac as a regular i7 laptop.

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report