Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency Response Base Motion Creation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cwbachmann
403 Views, 2 Replies

Frequency Response Base Motion Creation

I have a printed wiring board with 13 holes and it will see a sweep of 5-500Hz at 0.65 G's and a remote rail load of 125lbf. The best way I could think of doing this is creating a base node below the board and link all 13 holes to this base node and then apply the loading and sine sweep G force to this node and see the effects through the board.

HOW DO I DO THIS IN ALGOR!!!!???? How do I create a single node within a hole? How do I create a base node for excitation loading?? Please help. None of your tutorials address this other than holding nodes on the truss base which I don't have on a board that is bolted.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you are analysing from a CAD model, after meshing, you can create a single node within the hole using the Joint tool inside Mesh>CAD Additions>Joint where you can make either a pin(2 point) or a universal(1 point) joint. 

Regards

Ilyas

Message 3 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: cwbachmann

It may not be necessary to create 1 node to apply the base acceleration. If I remember correctly (I do not have Sim Mechanical at the moment), you can specify a base acceleration which is applied to every node with a boundary condition in the applied direction. So if you specify an acceleration in the X direction, all nodes with a constraint in the X direction will get the acceleration; the Y and Z directions are not affected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report