Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
mprearo
426 Views, 2 Replies

FEA tip

Good afternoon,

I need yours suggest for this problem.

I have a plate bolted to a shaft with a nodal force perpendicular to shaft.

I would see what’s the strain result on the plate due to the shaft connection.

My FEA idea to analyse  this parts is that I change the contact surface of the two elements in welded contact, I mesh with a brick elements, I applied the force and I constrain the shaft and the plate hole, with a fix constrain ( to simulate the bolted connection ).

In your opinion is the right way??Is it better to build a bolted in Algor???

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Manuel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: mprearo

Hi Manual,

I suggest that you attach an image of the model. Be sure to mark it up with any additional explanation. This will help everyone to better understand the arrangement.

You mentioned about using constraints (boundary conditions for us older timers 😉 instead of a bolt. This would be acceptable only if in real life the bolt connects the plate part to something that is stationary, and that something is not included in the simulation. If in real life the bolt connects two pieces, both of which are included in the simulation, then you cannot use constraints.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
mprearo
in reply to: John_Holtz

Here there are the imagines and the additionaly  explanation. Sorry for use Constraints instead of boundary conditions 😄

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report