Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA Pulley - Inventor 2010 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
813 Views, 2 Replies

FEA Pulley - Inventor 2010 Pro

Hi Everyone,

I am currently trying to simulate a pulley in Inventor, I have been told to use "static analysis" instead of "modal analysis". I would be of the assumption that a pulley would be undergoing dynamic loading hence the "modal analysis" would be applicable. Could someone please guide me in the right direction here.  And if i was to use a modal analysis could you please tell me what type would be the most accurate to use in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

A desperate Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry guys, I nobody does know the exact answer could you please guide me in the right direction on where to get some information i can read up on. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Although pulley's are in motion, they can normally be dealt with as a static problem assuming acceleration and angular momentum is negligable (which is normally the case).   The only other case in which I can think of which would prove static analysis to be insufficient is if you are performing fatigue analysis. 

Hope This helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report