Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting analysis results for ANSYS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JohnTomasik6493
1862 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting analysis results for ANSYS

I have a client who uses ANSYS, and they would like my analysis results from Algor exported so they can get more than just the meshed model (which supposedly is all they got when I exported the Algor model to an ANSYS file).

They are asking for the following file types:

.rst

.rth

.rfl

.rmg

I poked around the Algor results export options, and I couldn't find anything.  I checked the software's Help search, and the only one of the above is a restart file (.rst), but I'm pretty sure that isn't what they're looking for.

Can Algor export any of those file types?  If not, what can I give them that allows them to look at my results files in ANSYS, if anything? 

I will ask them if they can import any native Algor results.  If so, what should I provide to them?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: JohnTomasik6493

Hi,

What's your analysis type and product version to generate these files?

I guess they are not coming from MES, since I never see them in last 5 MES versions.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
JohnTomasik6493
in reply to: S.LI

It was an MES with non-linear material models.  I'm running 2010.

Message 4 of 4

Hi John,

At the moment, you can only export results to NASTRAN format. But if the documentation is correct, the software will not output results from an MES analysis: only linear static stress, linear modal analysis, critical buckling analysis, and steady state heat transfer. You might want to try exporting the MES results just in case the documentation is out of date in this regards. See "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Open Model Files > FEA Model Import and Export Functionality > NASTRAN". Please note that the instructions on the page "FEA Model Import and Export Functionality" has one mistake in the command name for exporting the results. Results are exported from the Application button (top left corner) > Export > All Results, not Application button > Export > Third-party FEA > All Results.

Of course, if you can output the results that you want, you would then need to check if ANSYS can read the NASTRAN results.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report