Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export form Inv to Simulation problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Dan_Margulius
494 Views, 2 Replies

Export form Inv to Simulation problem

Hi,

When I export the model to Simulation parts are missing. See pictures.

What can be done?

module1.jpg

module2.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

That's interesting Dan. I have no idea why some parts do not come in. (Actually, Simulation knows there are 6 parts during the import, but only brings in the 3 like you show.) I will check with our developers to see if they can find the cause of the problem.

It looks like the model is not a native Inventor model. Do you know what software was used to create it? Ideally, it will be a package that Simulation can open directly and therefore bypass any other issues.

If not, I used Fusion to open the Inventor assembly, and then transferred the Fusion model to Simulation. Just remove the dummy .txt extension, and then you can open the archive (.ach) with Simulation.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: John_Holtz

Actually these are demo files from Simulation CFD. I dont know from which CAD package they come.

The export from INV to MP really improved in 2013 version and is much faster. I was suprised to see this problem on such simple model

Thanks for the file

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report