Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export custom data as CSV

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rtagomes
610 Views, 3 Replies

Export custom data as CSV

Hi there,

I am using Autodesk Algor Simulation Professional 2011 to obtain von Mises results from a fairly simple model. When I model 2D only I can get the information I need; as soon as I change the element type from '2D' to 'plate' I get results for every element the node is part of.

I am only interested in extracting a maximum or a mean von Mises value; this complete array of data makes my workflow nearly impossible as I am obtaining up to 8 values listed on the CSV for each node.

Is there a way of filtering the results so I export only one value per node?

Many thanks,

Ricardo

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: rtagomes

I think the multiple values for each node come from elements associated with this node.

After turning on "smooth results", you are able to see an average value for each node.

Not sure if this is what you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: S.LI

Plate elements are unigue in another way: they have a top and bottom side with different results (due to bending). So even if you were to select a corner node (that is, a node that appears in one element only), there are two results. You can use the "Results Contours > Settings > Plate Options" to control whether the results are for both sides, the top side only, or the bottom side only.

Regardless of the settings for Smooth and the side, the CSV file still contains two rows of "Value"s for each element connected to the node. It looks to me that the values correspond to the element and side only when Smooth is turned off and both sides are shown. When Smooth is on, the same value is shown for each element. If either the top side only or bottom side only is on, then the value in the top and bottom row are the same. Make sense? Perhaps the attached images showing one node connected to 4 elements will make it easier to understand.

Excel 2010 (and maybe older versions) include a command to "Remove Duplicates", so it would be relatively easy to get rid of the extra data.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4
rtagomes
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

Yes, I think this is what I was looking for - will give it a try, many thanks.

Ricardo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report