Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors during transient heat transfer?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
HL12345
735 Views, 9 Replies

Errors during transient heat transfer?

Hi,

I have encountered a problem during transient heat transfer with internal heat generation (with number of time step between matrix reformation set to 1).  The following error message always popped out after completing a few time steps:

forrtl: severe (9): permission to access file denied, unit 7, file C:\Users\wp06\Documents\Autodesks\Part3.ds_data\2\ds.t7

Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source            
srun11.exe         0000000140464D08  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

Sometime the file denied is not unit 7 but unit12 (ds.t12).  I can see these files were generated fist in the folder but then got erased by the program (right before the error come out).

I am running a simple model similar to the cylinder convection example using Autodesk Simulation 2012 on Window 7 (64 bits) with 6 GB RAM and 500G HD.

Any help will be really appreciated.  Thanks, HL

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hupn
in reply to: HL12345

Hi,

Seems a file IO access issue from OS. Maybe check to make sure to have the full access permission for the folder. Also try with UAC off if you have Win7 or Vista OS.

phu

Message 3 of 10
HL12345

Hi, Thanks for your reply.  But I still have the same error messages (this time it went througha  few more time steps):

Modify stiffness at step 18, Time= 2.592D+04

-----------------------------------------------

forrtl: severe (9): permission to access file denied, unit 7, file C:\Users\wp06\Documents\Autodesks\part13.ds_data\1\ds.t7 Image PC Routine Line Source

srun11.exe 0000000140464D08 Unknown Unknown Unknown

srun11.exe 000000014045FBD9 Unknown Unknown Unknown

srun11.exe 000000014041E98D Unknown Unknown Unknown

srun11.exe 00000001404054F7 Unknown Unknown Unknown

srun11.exe 0000000140404DC1 Unknown Unknown Unknown

srun11.exe 00000001403D15CF Unknown Unknown Unknown

srun11.exe 00000001400DA1DE ITFILL 227 iolib.for

I think this is probably due to an incompatibility between the Window 7 (64bit) and the Autodesk Simulation 2012. 

I just ran the model in a Window XP (32bit) with Autodesk Simulation 2011 and it was OK.   I hope this problem can be resolved quickly for Simulation 2012 because we really like to run this on a newer/better computer.  Pleae let me know if you have any other suggestions.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 10
hupn

Hi,

We actually went through lots of testing on Win7 OS. Not sure why it happened in your case, could it be specifically related to your PC configuration?

hup  

Message 5 of 10
sunj.autodesk

Maybe you can turn off Anti-Virus and auto backup software, and give it another try. 

Message 6 of 10
HL12345

It still have the same error. 

This eror only happens when "number of time step between matrix reformation" set to 1.  When there is no matrix reformation, it runs OK in the Window 7 (64bits).   Please let me know if you have tried with internal heat generation with matrix reformation.  I used the cylinder convection example (3D thermal brick).  Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
SaMurgie

Hi

We have seen some issues where small models encounter issues like this on fast computers.  Thank you for the additional info...

Can you try a larger model to see if the issue occurs then as well?

Sam

Message 8 of 10
HL12345
in reply to: SaMurgie

Hi, thanks for your reply.

We just ran a 8000 elements model.  Same error message.  The computer I have been used is a new laptop DELL XPS L502X with intel core i7-2720QM CPU, 6GB RAM, Win7 Professionl(64bits).

But interestingly, I just tried the same model on an older desktop computer with Intel core2 Duo 6GB RAM Win7 Enterprise(64bits) and it was OK.  I think you were right, that it can run on some Win7 computers.

Obviously, we've been trying to figure out a way for it to work on the laptop.  We have been trying this on two identical laptops with different user control settings but it's still not sucessful (same error messages).

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
HL12345

Could someone explain step-by-step how to get thermal stress distribution at every time step after the transient heat analysis?  I have been searching in autodesk and I see that static stress analysis can show results at a specific time step.  It was pointed out in some tutorials that MES can do stress anaysis for all the time steps resulted from transient heat.  We would like to see the thermal stress distribution play-back at every time step like the temperature play-back.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
John_Holtz

Hi,

To read the temperature results from a transient heat transfer analysis into an MES (stress) analysis, please go to the following page

Wiki > HelpAutodesk Simulation > English > 2012 > Help > Setting Up and Performing the Analysis > Setting Up Part 2 > Nonlinear Analyses > Loads and Constraints > Temperatures

and scroll down to the sections "Apply Temperature Profiles from Thermal Analyses" and "Use Load Curves".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report