Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while solving

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JLK64
1161 Views, 4 Replies

Error while solving

I got an error during the solution phase which I hope someone can explain.  The error said that there was a problem with the geometry, yet I had already successfully meshed the model.  The error file is attached.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xli
Alumni
in reply to: JLK64

Please make sure solid mesh successes (by default it starts only when you click "analysis" or "check" after surface meshing and setting of FEA loads and BCs) though you see the mesh is ok in FEA editor. That is surface only. The error message you had:

Terminal Error: FEM2ESH#63, FEMAPI#1
    NO_3D_ELEMENT: please check meshing phase

suggests that there is not 3D solid elements made.

-xli

Message 3 of 5
bjorn_fallqvist
in reply to: xli

I think there's also an option where you can enable or disable solid meshing at the time of the analysis. You might want to make sure this is enabled, also.

Message 4 of 5
JLK64

Thanks for the reply.  I wasn't very clear in my original post when I stated that the model had been meshed.  The mesh results indicate that it was successfully meshed both surface and solid.  Hence my confusion with the error message recieved from the solver.

Message 5 of 5
lopexergy

I have found a similar message.

tERMINAL ERROR: FEM2ESH#63, FEMAPI# 2.

I am trying to mesh a heat exchanger at steady flow analysis. When Finish the surface mesh, says that OK, when I check my model appears this messagge.

I don´t define any exclude boundary layer surface , could be for this condition?

regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report