Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CFD analysis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
d.bordet
768 Views, 2 Replies

Error in CFD analysis

Hello,

I made a steady-state CFD analysis. The model is just the volume of air around a turbine.

I couldn't use a Tetrahedra and wedges (boundary layer) mesh. So I used a tetrahedra mesh.

I did'nt have any error in this analysis.

I wanted to realize a transient analysis so I just modified the analysis parameter but I have this error.

Do you have anay Idea?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joey.X
in reply to: d.bordet

Hi, Damien

From your attached log file, it can't judge the exact reason for the error.

Possible reason is incorrect boundary condition applied. please check following items or attach you archive model.

a. Simulation domain,  make sure solid parts were excluded

b. Boundary condition, such as velocity, pressure BCs, rotating BC has to be applied to real rotating surfaces only.

c. mesh. Without boundary mesh, the coarse tetrahedral mesh may block the flow in narrow clearance.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 3 of 3
bobby.morris
in reply to: Joey.X

Hi,

I am running a natural ventilation analysis in Simulation 360 on a revit import. When I import the model from Revit I can generate a mesh from this, no problem. However, if I add an external volume from the CFD software to the model the volume mesh fails and cancels the analysis. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Bobby

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report