Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No enabled surfaces in enclosure [2] , radiation data.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
401 Views, 1 Reply

Error: No enabled surfaces in enclosure [2] , radiation data.

I am trying to do a transient heat analysis simulation on an assembly. But I keep getting an error:

Autodesk (R) Simulation Thermal Decoder for AGSDB
 Version 2013.00.00.0411-W64/X64 28-Feb-2012
 Copyright (c) 2012, Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.

** Model [G:\Google Drive\Masterproef\Google Drive\Toptool_Simple.ds_data\1\ds] opened

--- 5523 nodes
   --- 3 element parts ...
   --- Part(2): 1425 type 39 elements, done.
   --- Part(1): 9467 type 39 elements, done.
   --- Part(3): 512 type 35 boundary elements, done.

** Model [G:\Google Drive\Masterproef\Google Drive\Toptool_Simple.ds_data\1\ds] done

Autodesk (R) Simulation Surface-to-Surface Radiation Management
 Version 2013.00.00.0411-W64/X64 28-Feb-2012
 Copyright (c) 2012, Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.

Model [G:\Google Drive\Masterproef\Google Drive\Toptool_Simple.ds_data\1\ds] opened for checking/generating radiation data...

Error: No enabled surfaces in enclosure [2]!

2012/11/26-18:56:51 Model [G:\Google Drive\Masterproef\Google Drive\Toptool_Simple.ds_data\1\ds] closed

It is asking for radiation data. I may have clicked on radiation data because I am still figuring out stuff. How do I delete any radiation data? I just use convection+conductive heat. I will attach the files.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: 5040018

Hi 5040018,

A problem with enclosure 2 implies that their is an enclosure 1, so I think you must have done more than "I may have clicked on radiation data". Smiley Happy

Enclosures are used with body to body radiation, so it sounds like you used "Setup > Thermal Loads > Body-to-body Radiation". I think the dialog that appears has a way, maybe a checkbox, to include an enclosure in the calculations or to not include it. You will need to not include it for enclosure 2.

If your model is not setup for body-to-body radiation in enclosure 1, then you should disable that one, too.

The other possibility is that it has something to do with the Google drives.

Note that the one file you provided (the .fem file) is only one of several files required to open your model. If it becomes necessary to re-attach your model, please search for the thread "Create,  Post, or Archive Your Model" for instructions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report