Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Sultan9009
587 Views, 5 Replies

Divergence error

How do I prevent a divergence error? I check the meshing size and made sure the bc was not too complex. I still get diveregence error. What to do?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joey.X
in reply to: Sultan9009

Could you make it clear divergence in which analysis type? Since you asked question in fluid analysis, the divergence usually comes from (top are more common)

- Improper/illegal boundary conditions 

- Over-constrained boundary conditions 

- Poor mesh quality

- Too large time steps for unsteady analysis

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 3 of 6
Sultan9009

I am doing steady fluid analysis. I uploaded the model as reactor 7 in dropbox. Can you see if I made a mistake.

Message 4 of 6
Joey.X

hi, Asif,

I tried your most recent model reactor7.fem from dropbox, I put the fluid material to Air and turned on "turbulence" from setup/parameter/load curve tab/turbulence (change from 0 to 1). It solves, refer to attached images.

If the flow is turbulence flow (user needs to estimate the Reynolds number) , the turbulence has to be turned on , otherwise it may introduce the solution stability issue. 

PS, I have uploaded the modified model (with results) into your dropbox.

Regards,

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 5 of 6
Sultan9009

Hi Joey

I tried doing the analysis my self because I uploaded the model you saved from my dropbox but the results did not saved. I change the turbulence number to one. However, I still get a divergence error. How do you put the fluid material to air?

Message 6 of 6
Joey.X

From FEA Editor/design scenario i/tree view/Parts/Part i/Material, right click to assign material/Edit material, 

you can select material from material library /or edit existed material properties.If you see any RED cross, that indicates the model is not ready (incomplete). 

I have uploaded the .zip file to your drop box, you can simply download/unzip it, and click .fem file to open the model in SIM/MP software, I have finished run for this model and the settings/results are complete.  

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report