Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display blank in Results environment after analysis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
402 Views, 5 Replies

Display blank in Results environment after analysis

Hi all,

I'm running Windows XP Pro 64-bit Version 2003 SP2 on an hp with dual Intel Xeon 5130 processors running at 2 GHz. My machine has 12 GB of RAM.

I have encountered a few situations where my analysis in ASM 2012 completes and my results environment appears blank. I have tried cycling through the tabs between FEA, Results, and Report and cannot make results show up. I can select parts in the tree and turn on/off visibility, results, etc. I can toggle the display properties between displacement, stress, strain, etc. and access all of the view options and ribbon menus but nothing shows in the window. The program does think when you switch between the options.

The scenarios are:

1. Running Inventor in the background while an analysis is running. (My machine will do both, albeit at a slower pace.) Once the analysis completes the screen is often blank as described above.
  2. Letting the machine fall asleep after/during the analysis. Last night when I had to leave, the results were being displayed following hitting the Done botton on the analysis dialog box, but the machine was still crunching prior to allowing me to select anything and I had to go home ASAP. Upon arriving this morning the window is blank.

Does anyone know of a way to force a refresh vs. re-running the analysis? My current scenario takes a few hours to run on this machine and I lose a 1/2 day every time this occurs.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After a phone conversation with Autodesk I found out that my analysis is not lost. This seems to be a graphical bug, possibly even something with my particular machine or set-up. If I close the file and re-open it the display comes up without having to re-run the analysis.

Message 3 of 6
John_Holtz

Here's another thing to try. If this works, it would be faster than closing and re-opening the model.

Right-click on "Presentations" in the browser and choose "New Contour Presentation". This will create a second Results window. If the second window shows the model, the first window can be closed. (Either click the X in the top right corner, or "View > Windows > Close".)

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hello,

I just got a new machine windows 10, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HD + 8GB SSD.

I installed ASM 2015 and I did two simulations in order to test the program and the installation:

1- Plate with a hole, 2D mesh -> it runs perfectly but the results are in blank.

2- Pressure vessel axisymmetric -> it runs perfectly but the results are in blank.

I tried the options described in the previous conversations, but I still have the problem with blank results.

Could you help me with some information about this issue?

I appreaciate your help and time.

--

Esteban Valderrama

Message 5 of 6
Andrew.Sartorelli

Hi Esteban,

To fix the graphical display issue within the results environment complete the follow:

1. Select the menu in the upper left corner and select Options
  2. Select the Graphics tab in the dialog box
  3. From the list of options on the left select Hardware
  4. Deselect Enable OpenGL Hardware Acceleration***

***If the option to deselect hardware acceleration is greyed out, close Simulation and re-launch as an administrator (right-mouse-click on the shortcut and select Run as Administrator).

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Hi Andrew,

Thanks it works perfectly. I really appreciate your help and time.

Regards,

-Esteban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report