Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDAM Reactions Forces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MarkSutcliffe
404 Views, 2 Replies

DDAM Reactions Forces

I am doing a DDAM analysis on some plate elements. One critical output of this analysis is the reaction loads at a particular constraint. How do I obtain these results?

For example if I was doing a LSS, in the results window I’d select Reactions, Reaction Force (Negative), Y. Then select my nodes, inquire results, and I'd have exactly what I need. I just can't seem to find any similar in DDAM.

I’m using Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012.

I haven’t used DDAM before, so I’m learning. Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
S.LI
in reply to: MarkSutcliffe

I don't think there is any reaction forces output in DDAM.

DDAM is a modal analysis module, which means the displacement result is just for showing the mode, and the absolute value here doesn't make any sense. So there is no way to calculate reaction force.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 3
MarkSutcliffe
in reply to: S.LI

This is incorrect. DDAM is a secondary analysis after the modal. It applies accelerations to the mode shapes from the modal analysis producing actual stress and displacements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report