Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Results Not Working

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
scudelari
778 Views, 8 Replies

Custom Results Not Working

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a custom result as described in here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Autodesk_Simulation/enu/2012/Help/0531-Results531/0533-Results_533/0545...

But it simply doesn't work. I can create the option and it appears in the menu, but when I click on the option that appears nothing happens. It is as if my click is ignored.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
John_Holtz
in reply to: scudelari

Hi,

There are some types of custom results that do not work in Autodesk Simulation 2012 from the ribbon interface. So if that is the version you are using, try turning the ribbon style menus off. ("Tools > Application Options" and uncheck "Ribbon Style" on the "General Information" tab.) In the classic pull-down menus, the custom results appear under the "Results" menu, and they are edited under the "Results Options > Custom Results..." menu. (To activate the ribbon, use "Tools > Options".)

Specifically, the problem happens if the custom result has components. For example, the custom result 25.4*Displacement has components of X, Y, Z, so the custom result menu should display a bump-out menu with options of X, Y, Z. The bumpout menu is not appearing. So another work around would be to create a custom result that only consists of one direction. Something like 25.4* X Displacement, and so on.

By the way, what custom result are you trying to create?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 9
scudelari
in reply to: John_Holtz

Dear AstroJohn,

It worked. I changed the user interface to the classic and it instantly worked.

I was simply trying to change the units of the Von Mises results.

Though I would like to report that - as far as I know - the bug happened even if the custom results has components.

Thanks a lot anyway for the help!

I really appreciate.

Message 4 of 9
John_Holtz

In most cases, the better way to change units is to use the "Unit System" branch near the top of the browser. There are several pre-defined unit systems, and you can create your own, too.

But of course, the Unit Systems only work if they have the units that you want to use.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 9
scudelari

Dear AstroJohn,

I checked that already and it doesn't 🙂

But this is a nice suggestion for a new release...

Thanks again for the help.

Message 6 of 9
S.LI

I guess one of the possible reasons is the pre-defined units is usually for input phase, while what you are doing here is for results (see how the value changes with different units).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 7 of 9
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: S.LI

Thank you for reporting thsi bug. We are working on a fix for our upcoming release.

Sualp Ozel

Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Product Manager

Message 8 of 9

John,

This issue is unfortunatelly still valid for 2015 version...

Have you changed it for 2016 version?

Message 9 of 9

yes this is all fixed in the 2016 version. I remember us fixing it long time ago, but just to make sure its working, i tested it 1 more time today and looks like it is all functional

-Sualp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report