Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted file or something else?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rspenhead6
397 Views, 1 Reply

Corrupted file or something else?

Hi,

I am a student and just started working with FEA as an experiment. I've tried this model through various stages of developement through the Autodesk Multiphysics. and come up with several problems when loading it through .dwg file to the software. Something seems to be lost in translation, as this model ends up looking like the image above it in blue- I tried meshing it as that seems to have smoothed it out in previous stages, but this time to no avail. I have no idea if I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong with the software, or if the file is just corrupted. Any help would be appreciated. bike frame FEA.JPG

bike frame cad.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: rspenhead6

Hi rspenhead6,

This will sound strange, but I can see that the mesh is okay! (At least from what little I can see in the images, the mesh looks okay.) What is "wrong" is the shading of the CAD model. In other words, when you imported the DWG file, it should have looked like your image but without the mesh.

After you mesh the model, the software should shade the mesh instead of the CAD model. Perhaps you turned the CAD shading back on by mistake.

The only problem I see is that your mesh is way too coarse. I suggest making the mesh size 1/4 of what it is now, and then remesh the model. Hopefully, remeshing with activate the rendering of the mesh instead of the CAD, and you'll be happy.

I'm away from my work computer at the moment, but I think the toggle for the CAD shading is something like "View > Appearance > CAD Surface".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report