Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Plot Not showing

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
corona672
5922 Views, 15 Replies

Contour Plot Not showing

Im running a simple analysis on an .ipt part I made from inventor and am running into an issue with similation multiphyics. After setting up the correct mesh, element info, and running the simulation, I am unable to see any contour plots for my part. All I get is my part shown in white - with what appears to be the correct stress numbers but no contour plot visible. 

Ive gone threw every option I can see on Multiphyics but no luck yet. I have had contour plots working on this computer before however. Ideas?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
corona672
in reply to: corona672

More info. Interestingly when i view the file under windows explorer as an icon, it will show a contour as a screenshot for my saved .fem model. But still nothing in Simulation Multiphysics. ??

Message 3 of 16

Perhaps the visibility of results for that part was turned off. To turn it on, right click on the part in the browser and check the visibility of results. 

Regards

Ilyas

Message 4 of 16

With Mechanical 2013, you can Rt. Click on the part and have "Visibility", but "Show Faces"  and "Show Mesh" are not enabled and you see nothing.

Try enabling Faces and Mesh.  I consider this a bug, but maybe there is a reason for it.

.......jds

Message 5 of 16

Do you have "Revit" installed on that same computer by any chance?

Message 6 of 16
dcook15

I am having this same issue. I tried checking and unchecking visibility of mesh, visibility of faces, visibility of results and none of these fixes the problem. I first noticed this in Multiphysics so I uninstalled and reinstalled it but that did not fix it. I then downloaded and installed just Simulation Mechanical and I get the same problem with my part just being white when viewing the results. I also have Moldflow Adviser and Simulation CFD on my computer and have never had a problem viewing the results.

Devin
Message 7 of 16
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: dcook15

I had a call with Devin today and turns out he did not have the latest graphics card drivers on his system. While we were updating that, we also turned off the Hardware acceleration from tools: Application options: graphics. Saved our work and restarted Simulation mechanical. This solved the issue.

Message 8 of 16
mohamedhph

Well I've same problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-Mechanical/Result-Colors-not-visible/td-p/3578892

and I just disabled the Hardware acceleration as you suggested but when I restarted the application the colors where still not shown as well as the option to disable the hardware acceleration have been diabled so as the application is having the hardware acceleration enabled permenantly.

What should I do?

Message 9 of 16
mohamedhph
in reply to: Sualp.Ozel

After many retries and couple of program restarts I managed to disable Hardware acceleration and got my results for the first time on my new laptop without need to capture an image... Thank you Thank you 😄

Message 10 of 16
colin.dablain
in reply to: mohamedhph

Though I am an administrator on my computer, the disable hardware acceleration check box is still grayed out.  Any ideas how to fix the white results without being able to disable hardware acceleration?

Thanks in advance!

Message 11 of 16
mohamedhph

When you open the software click "Cancel" then go to options and disable hardware acceleration before you open an old file or create a new one 😉

Message 12 of 16
colin.dablain

I tried doing it that way, but I still got the gray box; I also restarted my whole system, and the box was still grey.
Message 13 of 16
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: colin.dablain

It could be that your system is not using Open GL Acceleration so the checkbox will always be greyed out. But if the problem is related to the graphics card, you should:

1. Go to the website for the video card and compare the date/version of the drivers available with what is installed on your computer. (I think the "Update Driver" button located somewhere under the Windows video card driver dialog does nothing. You need to go to the vendor's website yourself.)
  2. There used to be an option somewhere under Windows where you could change the "hardware acceleration" between "Full" and "None". (I may not have those terms exactly right.) Moving the slider down to "None" would demonstrate if the problem is with the graphics card. I do not know if this option exists under Win 7 or not.
  3. You can reset the Results environment if you hold the shift key down while you click on the "Results" tab and wait for the Results environment to load. Be sure to close any opened Results windows.
  4. The last idea that comes to mind is to go into the Results environment, right-click one of the "Saved Presentations" in the browser and choose "Activate".

Do any of these resolve your problem?

Message 14 of 16
colin.dablain
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

John,

It turns out that I had a graphics card issue.  Thanks for your help!

-Colin

Message 15 of 16

For those still struggling to disable the "OpenGL hardware acceleration" in Tools/Application Options/Graphics/Hardware because te option is greyed out:

Close Simulation Mech.

Right click application Icon and select Run as administrator

Option should no longer be greyed out!

Message 16 of 16

Run as administrator worked for me!! Smiley LOL 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report