Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined stress: static + dynamic?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DonaldR.Culp7481
736 Views, 2 Replies

Combined stress: static + dynamic?

Hello --

If a run a static stress analysis and then run a dynamic analysis (modal, then frequency response) on the same model to get the dynamic stresses, is there any way to combine the static and dynamic stresses to find the maximum total stress? I know that I can do this by exporting the results to Excel and then combining the stresses there but I'd like to do this within FEMPRO so that I can also see the stresses graphically (superimposed on the model). This would be useful to see if a certain stress level (e.g., yield) has been exceeded.

Linear models, Simulation Mechanical v.2012 (v.2014 also available)

Thanks,

Don C.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Don,

Look into the command "Results Options > Other Tools > Combine Load Cases" (in the Results environment, of course). I know that it was expanded to permit static and dynamic results, but I do not remember if it includes all of the dynamic processors.

One word of caution for you and other readers. Some of the results of the dynamic analyses are "all positive". For example, the cases that are some type of resultant, such as a square root sum of the squares (SRSS), have all positive directions (sqrt(displacement^2) even though it may not be physically possible. You probably do not want to combine such results with the static stress analysis.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks John. That's what I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report