Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Not working in Autodesk Simulation 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
629 Views, 6 Replies

Cluster Not working in Autodesk Simulation 2012

I recently updated from Autodesk Algor Simulation 2011 to Autodesk Simulation 2012. Before the update the cluster was working. I updated the firewalls, and even made a test without firewalls.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
S.LI
in reply to: Anonymous

when you said cluster, do you mean the part for distributed equation solver?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 7
hupn

And which analysis are you working on? Any more detial information?  

Message 4 of 7
sunj.autodesk

If possible, please first try to reinstall and setup MPICH package. Check if that helps. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Its a Windows Cluster (Two Machines), and the MPICH package is working, a can simulate with the mumps sparse solver. I am trying to run a large (>600 parts) Static Stress analysis with Linear Material Models.

It seems its a network problem, and is related with windows 7 updates. I can´t access the other machine´s files. 

Message 6 of 7
S.LI

you are right. Win7 had a big update recently. I personally had some issue with it on my machine.

Wish you get it fixed soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7
S.LI
in reply to: S.LI

Forgot to say:

since my machines are in the same domain, one usually remote accesses the another only with the machine name, but now I have to use the full name, e.g. myMachine.myDomain.myCompany.com. Otherwise, the machine could not be located, even I tried restarting it.

Hope this is helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report