Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can use some advise about a projection method

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mechamania
239 Views, 1 Reply

Can use some advise about a projection method

Hi,

I have a template part that contains several planes with sketches on it.

On one of these sketches I need a projection from another sketch by rotating it on some axis.

To accomplish this I used a Revolve feature in combination with a Project Cut Edges.

So in fact making a solid. But because this is a template I do not really need the solid so I set Visibility off.

But in my FEA analysis this solid is causing contacts and it shows up in the simulation result.

I would like to get rid of this solid.

So how can I project from one sketch (on some plane) to another sketch (on another plane) by rotating around some axis? Is that possible without creating a solid?

I hope someone has some good advice.

Note that I can not attach the files here because of IP issues.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

For the FEA analysis, are you using Inventor Professional or Simulation Mechanical?

In Simulation Mechanical, you can just suppress the construction part by right-clicking it in the browser and choose the suppress command.

I don't know how to suppress parts in inventor. What I can think for you is to use the 3D model > Surface > Eelete Face tool and use the select lump or void option.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report