Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can linear static be reading from results file.....

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Duckjae_Lee
309 Views, 1 Reply

Can linear static be reading from results file.....

There are two requests.

One is 

A customer requests to simulate thermal stress and contact force and vibration effect simultaneously.

I think that thermal stress and contact force is available with Linear static or MES modules.

Vibration effect (frequency response analysis) can be on linear dynamics module.

Can linear static or MES be reading from results file like stress data from linear dynamics analysis?

A customer want to show superpostion (add on) between linear static or MES result and linear dynamic result.

Is "restart function" be possible to do that?

Regarding to restart command or function, there are three functionality in help file.

I can understand first two function easily.

I expect that the third function can do the followings.

For example, cantileve beam case, left side is fixed, right side is loading with force.

Analysis is done and beam is bending and then we can put a load as force on last result status additionally.

Another example,

regarding to thermal expansion, we did thermal expansion with a part on linear static analysis and then we put another new part on last result status and run thermal expansion analysis again.

Is it possible with restart function?

Please let me know how to?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
S.LI
in reply to: Duckjae_Lee

@Duckjae_Lee wrote:

There are two requests.

One is 

A customer requests to simulate thermal stress and contact force and vibration effect simultaneously.

I think that thermal stress and contact force is available with Linear static or MES modules.

Vibration effect (frequency response analysis) can be on linear dynamics module.

Can linear static or MES be reading from results file like stress data from linear dynamics analysis?

MES and linear static can not read stress file from linear dynamics analysis as pre-load. But in some multi-physics coupling problem, MES can read temperature and voltage from othter analysis types as loads.

A customer want to show superpostion (add on) between linear static or MES result and linear dynamic result.

Is "restart function" be possible to do that?

Regarding to restart command or function, there are three functionality in help file.

I can understand first two function easily.

I expect that the third function can do the followings.

For example, cantileve beam case, left side is fixed, right side is loading with force.

Analysis is done and beam is bending and then we can put a load as force on last result status additionally.

"restart from another analysis" is designed for this kind of problems. But if you know the whole load configuration at the beginning, you can have a simple way. To generate two load curves, the first one is for the right-end force, and the second one controls another load. To adjust the life cycle or magnitudes of the second load curve, you can make it start when the first load ends.

Another example,

regarding to thermal expansion, we did thermal expansion with a part on linear static analysis and then we put another new part on last result status and run thermal expansion analysis again.

Is it possible with restart function?

I believe that no restart in Algor allows dramatic model change, such as adding/removing parts. Following a similar way as I mentioned above, you can have all parts in the model at the beginning, and make loads, constrains etc. start at appropriate time points.

Please let me know how to?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report