Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a contour plot of pressure?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Petr.Krysl
556 Views, 4 Replies

Can I create a contour plot of pressure?

How do I create a contour plot of the pressure in the material?  I can't find it in the menus…

Thanks,

Petr

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
S.LI
in reply to: Petr.Krysl

If you are talking about stress analysis for structures, I would say "no". Stress/strain/displacement etc. make more sense in solid mechanics.

If you mean "CFD", I think pressure output should be there.

For other analysis types, I'm not sure. Probably not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 5
Petr.Krysl
in reply to: S.LI

What about the "custom results" dialogue? Wouldn't that be useful for something like this? I have defined the pressure variable as shown in the attached snapshot of the dialogue, but nothing gets displayed.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Petr

Message 4 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: Petr.Krysl

It looks as if the Custom Results menu is broken in the ribbon interface. You can define the result, but you cannot choose to display it. Smiley Frustrated

To display a custom result, you need to switch to the old style menu ("Tools > Options > Application Options" and uncheck "Ribbon Style" on the "General Information" tab).

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 5
Petr.Krysl
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks.

P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums