Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT REGISTER ALGOR PRO 2010

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
lopexergy
1242 Views, 7 Replies

CANNOT REGISTER ALGOR PRO 2010

A messagge appears after double click on Algor:

"Autodesk Algor Simulation is not registered correctly. Please use the Add /Remove Programs option in the Control panel to repair the installation"

Use CCleaner to repair the register.

Repair the installation.

And the message still prompted.

Any one know this?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
joe.scherer
in reply to: lopexergy

I would try applying the Results Environment initialization hotfix (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14143844&linkID=13806470). Once this is installed, you'll need to re-register everything by running the RegAll.bat file in the program installation folder. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator before running the RegAll script.

Joe Scherer
Software Engineer
Engineering Design and Simulation
Manufacturing Industry Group
Message 3 of 8
bob_Autodesk

lopexergy,

Were you able to get your Autodesk Algor Simulation software installed and working properly?

-Bob

Product Marketing Manager,
Autodesk Algor Simulation and Autodesk Moldflow
Product and Industry Marketing
Worldwide Marketing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 8
mamorim

Bob,

I am having the same problem as described above, raised as a result of a side by side installation (v23.1 was installed at the time I installed 2010). I have tried uninstalling v23.1 and reinstalling 2010 so as to make sure there would not be issues on that respect, as well as cleaning the registry, but it is a no go. The existing hotfixes do not help, on my particular case. Regall.bat fails to register most components so that is not a valid solution or workaround, either. I have followed the manual and made sure I was running the installation and assorted procedures with elevated user priviledges.

I have been tempted to just skip upgrading to 2010 at all, and discussed this matter at the other official discussion group, but the only valid solution appears to be to reach support. Do you reckon I should follow that road? Would there be any recommended procedures to manually clean the registry or program folders so as to start a fresh installation?

Thanks.
Message 5 of 8
bob_Autodesk

mamorim,

If the instructions related to installation and registration coupled with the available hotfixes have not resolved your issue, then I would certainly reach out to the direct support team. They are equipped to assist, even connecting to your computer remotely if needed.

-Bob

Product Marketing Manager,
Autodesk Algor Simulation and Autodesk Moldflow
Product and Industry Marketing
Worldwide Marketing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 8
mamorim

Thanks, will proceed as suggested.
Message 7 of 8
lopexergy

Thanks to you for answer my thread.

I have tried to install that hotfix, and then use the Regall, as an administrator user.

Look the messagge that appears attached.

I don't know if there a problem with this windows.

I am using win vista 64 bits at spanish.

Firma con problemas:
Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: AlgFrame.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 2010.0.0.341
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 4a932d20
Nombre del módulo con errores: ntdll.dll
Versión del módulo con errores: 6.0.6002.18005
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 49e0421d
Código de excepción: c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción: 00000000000b8fb8
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.4
Id. de configuración regional: 9226
Información adicional 1: fa3e
Información adicional 2: ac0507478d1c5bd693cfc4fe3987e900
Información adicional 3: fa3e
Información adicional 4: ac0507478d1c5bd693cfc4fe3987e900

Lea nuestra declaración de privacidad:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0c0a
Message 8 of 8
joe.scherer

The problem appears to be that the regall.bat is not being run with administrator rights. In your picture, the command prompt window in the upper left shows a list of access denied errors. I would suggest re-running the regall script from a command prompt launched as an administrator (Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> right click on Command Prompt --> select "Run as administrator"). Your command prompt window should display "Administrator: Command Prompt" in the title bar. Re-run regall.bat from this window.

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report