Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
nmccormick
332 Views, 2 Replies

Bolted clamp help

I have four elements in this model, the vertical and horizontal bars and the two clamp halves. My issue is that the bolt only engages the outer surface and disregards the bolt hole in the pipe. I'm just getting started with simulation so any help in getting all of the holes to engage would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KubliJ
in reply to: nmccormick

Hello,

I am going to hazard a guess as I can't see any bolt features in the screen shots, but your are using bolts without a nut and that they thread into the bars.  What you will want to do in the bolt wizard is check the box for tight fit for the surfaces that represent the threaded connection.  These will be for the interior hole surface(s).  More information on bolts can be found here.

Bolt Wizard.JPG

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 3 of 3
nmccormick
in reply to: KubliJ

Thanks for the reply James. I will be using a bolt with a nut, which is not represented in the screenshots that I provided. I will investigate the tight fit option tomorrow and see what that does for me. It appears that I did not select all of the interior surfaces correctly as the inner parts of the hole were not meshed to the bolt. I'll take a look through the link you provided and see what I can learn. 

Thanks

Nathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report