Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to make bolted connections for a complex assembly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bekiscoo
597 Views, 2 Replies

Best way to make bolted connections for a complex assembly?

I am working with a model of an electronic box in Autodesk Mechanical 2014.  The model was imported from AutoCAD 2013.  There are 114 parts in the model.  There are a lot of bolted connections - about 500 of them - and I am trying to figure out the best way to put them in.

I have tried the option in the mesh tab to add bolts.  However, when I go to mesh the model, I get the same dialogue box over and over again - see attached image.  I have to click through all of them before it finishes.

Is there something I am doing wrong with the bolted connections?  Is there a better way to go about this?  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: bekiscoo

Hi bekiscoo,

The dialog implies that the bolts are being added to the same part number as one of the solids. If this is the case, the solution is to define the bolts to be a part number that is not used by a solid part.

If you did define the bolts to be on a new part number, then I suggest that you report the problem to Autodesk.

Message 3 of 3
bekiscoo
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

yup, looks like numbering was my problem.  I fixed it and it seems to mesh fine now.  Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report