Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam wireframe

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jsottomayor
656 Views, 2 Replies

Beam wireframe

Hi everyone!

I´m new on Autodesk Simulation Mechanical (2012, by the way) and I'm having some problems with the finite element analysis on a 1D beam structure. It's a 2D representation of a Kart chassis (in attachment), with 2 different beam pipe sections.

First of all, it has some weird red triangles on the vertices that I don't know what they are or how to remove them... But the main problem is the FEA results. It shows a separation, between two parts of the chassis, that shouldn’t appear. And the colors disappeared.

The objective of this model is to analyze the stresses and the strains in the chassis when it is charge it with some forces and accelerations.

If someone could give me some help it would be great!

Thank you in advance!

João Sottomayor

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

1. I don't know what those red triangles are either, this is my first time seeing them.

2. I think your model is wrongly scaled. It can't be 1.38km long, can it? Perhaps a wrong unit was selected during import. Either way, I think this sort of geometry is easiest drawn inside Sim Mech itself.

3. You have to draw your lines to start and stop at the intersecting nodes, otherwise it wouldn't connect. I am referring to the longest element in your model. Even though it stretches from the middle to the far end, you still need to create nodes at the intersection of the beams.

4. To add more accuracy to the analysis, devide the lines to a number of segments, eg:10.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 3 of 3

Many Thanks!!

The main problem was the scale! I draw it again using Sim Mech and it's perfect.

Best Regards

João Sottomayor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report